Friends of Scouting
Making Scouting on the Mid-Peninsula Possible!
Scouting builds good citizens!
“On My Honor, I Will Do My Best…”
Every week, our Scouts raise their hands and make a promise which becomes a lifelong commitment.
About half of Pacific Skyline Council's annual budget is raised through Community donations: families, businesses, and special events.
Friends of Scouting accounts for 50% of the donations needed to operate the Scouting programs. The council:
- Raises 100% of its funds locally
- Receives no National Boy Scout funding
- Uses ALL of the dollars raised to support local youth
- Spends $200 per youth each Scouting year
It costs $200/Scout/year to provide Scouting programs to your sons and daughters.
Your generous donation makes these programs possible:
- 8,000 youth enjoying Scouting
- 3,000 youth attending camps
- 900 economically disadvantaged youth enjoying Scouting in the Council-funded ScoutReach program
- 300 Scouts receiving camp scholarships
- 2,500 adult and youth volunteers trained to be Scout leaders
- $330,000 invested in 3 camp properties in the last two years
- 2 Scout shops and service centers
- Professional staff managing all Scout programs
- Day Camp, Cub-ONs, Merit Badge Midways, Boy Scout Summer Camp and many other programs
Download the 2017
Friends of Scouting brochure